ChromoTek’s GFP-Trap is again among the top 100 cited antibodies
CiteAb has analyzed more than 47,000 antibodies, which were cited in 2018 published literature. Their ranking has been announced in a recent blog . ChromoTek is honored that its GFP-Trap® is among the top 100 used antibodies in 2018, again after the 2017 analysis.
ChromoTek’s literature analysis reveals a total of more than 1,600 scientific articles that are referencing GFP-Trap since its launch in 2008. This is awesome. The GFP-Trap is the most frequently cited monoclonal anti-GFP antibody and the gold standard for immunoprecipitation of GFP-fusion proteins. We are proud about so much trust in our products and proud to have helped our customers with the experiments for so many papers!
GFP-Trap consists of an anti-GFP VHH (Nanobody or single domain antibody) that is conjugated to a matrix, e.g. agarose or magnetic agarose. It is ready to use for immunoprecipitation, Co-IP for MS, ChiP/iCLIP/RIP, affinity purification, and enzymatic assay applications.
Using GFP-Trap you benefit from
- No heavy & light chains from conventional IgG antibodies
- Low background
- Very high binding affinity with a dissociation constant of 1 picomolar
- Pulldown of endogenous level expressed proteins from knock-ins like CRISPR/Cas
- High specificity
- Working in harsh wash conditions for detection of selective protein-protein interactions. Buffer components include high salt, denaturing & reducing reagents, glycerol, and detergents e.g. for pulldown of membrane proteins
- Capable to work in large buffer volumes
- Short incubation times of 30 minutes; extreme slow dissociation for prolonged incubations when needed
Hence, ChromoTek’s GFP-Trap is the best anti-GFP antibody for immunoprecipitation!
You may request a free test sample here: https://resources.chromotek.com/nano-trap-sample
ChromoTek and GFP-Trap are registered trademarks of ChromoTek GmbH. Nanobody is a registered trademark of Ablynx, a Sanofi company.