What is the Spot-System:
The Spot-Tag sytem is the first capture & detection system consisting of a short peptide tag (Spot-Tag) and a Nanobody (Spot-Nanobody).
The Spot System has significant advantages compared to other systems such as HA, Myc or Flag:
- lower background
- higher affinty
- higher resolution
- less unspecific binding
What contains the extra vial:
The extra vial contains a DNA plasmid for expression for Spot-Tag® fusion proteins either in
E.coli: pSpot2 (C-term Tag, Kan., high expression; Datasheet), or
S. cerevisiae: pSpot8 (C-term Tag, Leu, 2µ, high expression; Datasheet)
The extra vial enables you to start cloning and expressing your Spot-Tag fusion protein.
For more information about Spot-Tag Cloning & Vectors, click here.
What is Spot used for:
How to test Spot:
1. Request your free cloning vector (right column) or add Spot-tag via PCR, Gibson assembly, etc.
For more information about Spot-Tag cloning & vectors, click here.
2. Click here, once cloning is completed
3. Upon receiving your „cloning completed“ message, we will send to you test samples for either
Immunoprecipitation, Affinity purification, MS: Spot-Trap
Immunofluorescence: Spot-Label ATTO594
For Western blot, we add free test samples of
- Anti-Spot-Nanobody (Spot-Label for WB, unconjugated),
- Secondary Antibody (anti-Llama/Alpaca) conjugated to HRP.
Contact us with any question: email@example.com